Two-Way Koaxial Speakers
This project is in the very early design stages. I'm currently looking around which speaker chassis to use...
- Full range living room speaker for normal listening levels in flats (not exceedingly loud).
- Koaxial speaker design for coherent sound reproduction. Likely candidates include the Thiel SCS range of speakers (currently too expensive for me if I cannot find an inexpensive used pair) and the Audison APX 6.5 coax chassis (Way cheaper and pretty promising from what I read).
- Wide baffle (~50-60cm) with large rounded corners (r>5cm) for minimizing baffle step problems and more even off-axis frequency response.
- Closed box design. In my experience easier to set up in a room than ported designs and the bass response is easily accounted for by some low shelf eq boost.
- Actively crossed over and equalized (see above) with Pulseaudio Crossover Rack and multi-amped with modern class-D amps.